Stuff I’ve Built
Actionworks: Education company that builds entrepreneurship and leadership programs for the U.S. Department of State, Intel, the University of Texas, and dozens more.
Minimum Viable Video: Cohort-based course that teaches entrepreneurs and knowledge workers how to make videos to get customers and create opportunities.
(Previously) 3 Day Startup: 10-year CEO journey scaling an entrepreneurship bootcamp to 50 countries.
- My partner and I (and her ridiculous cats) split our time between Austin, TX and Savannah, GA
- Interests: Formula 1, Mexican food, Alvvays, Nolan films, cognitive scientist Donald Hoffman’s theory of reality, Longhorn football
- I write a newsletter with stories and tips on video, entrepreneurship, and shooting your shot
- I’ve had a hell of a lot easier time building companies than figuring out vulnerability; that came with Personal Boards of Directors
- I have a mysterious health condition. Sharing this because I’m out of ideas
DM me on Twitter or email me at my name at actionworks dot co (not dot com).
Lately I’ve been offering to tag along on people’s speaking gigs and work trips as a way to spark more serendipity in my life. Which is how I found myself in Denver last weekend. The top of the staircase led us to a gaggle of women in floor-length sequined dresses and cowboy hats. Big smiles shined […]
It’s 2009 at a party during the SXSW tech conference in Austin. Tim Ferriss, author and angel investor riding high off of the success of the Four Hour Work Week, is in conversation with a conference attendee in the middle of the venue. I am a bright-eyed first-time founder with puppy dog energy, desperate for capital and connections. Landing Tim as an investor would give my startup both. Despite my nerves, I know I should approach him.