Stuff I’ve Built
Actionworks: Education company that builds entrepreneurship and leadership programs for the U.S. Department of State, Intel, the University of Texas, and dozens more.
Minimum Viable Video: Cohort-based course that teaches entrepreneurs and knowledge workers how to make videos to get customers and create opportunities.
(Previously) 3 Day Startup: 10-year CEO journey scaling an entrepreneurship bootcamp to 50 countries.
- My partner and I (and her ridiculous cats) split our time between Austin, TX and Savannah, GA
- Interests: Formula 1, Mexican food, Alvvays, Nolan films, cognitive scientist Donald Hoffman’s theory of reality, Longhorn football
- I write a newsletter with stories and tips on video, entrepreneurship, and shooting your shot
- I’ve had a hell of a lot easier time building companies than figuring out vulnerability; that came with Personal Boards of Directors
- I have a mysterious health condition. Sharing this because I’m out of ideas
DM me on Twitter or email me at my name at actionworks dot co (not dot com).
Amsterdam. April, 2011. I was having such a great day. Woke up to the sounds of birds chirping. Walked past bike racks and cute canal bridges to a eurocoffee and a europastry, enjoying the hell out of it in the way that only a walkable-city-starved American can. I was on my way to the venue […]
Lately I’ve been offering to tag along on people’s speaking gigs and work trips as a way to spark more serendipity in my life. Which is how I found myself in Denver last weekend. The top of the staircase led us to a gaggle of women in floor-length sequined dresses and cowboy hats. Big smiles shined […]